Monday, July 2, 2007

Todays Carp Expedition

i took my friend, kyle, out carping today to get his first nice carp. we did pretty well the numbers were good but they werent as big as usual. when we first got down to the lake i explained a few things he needed to do to catch these carp.
after i got done explaining he was soon hooked up with a fiesty little guy. then i was hooked up as well about 20 seconds later. and walla a nice double
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
after they were realeased kyle went to the other sided of the road and dropped his corn in a caulvert. and bam another nice carp. after 5 minutes we were able to take the picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
then i casted out and set my rod i a shore made rod holder (rocks) and waited. my friend got a small carp and needed me to unhook it. then IT happends my rod almost goes flying out of the rocks but i got it before it went into the water. then i fought the fish for 2 minutes then my line broke from the rocks. i never got a look at the fish. it never came off the bottom.
after a while kyle was hooked up with another good carp. and fought for a while then we were able to get her to shore and take a pic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
then kyle decided to take a rest for a while and just watch so i got 2 carp.
1st one was a 5 minute fight.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and another 2 minute fight
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
then we started getting alot of smaller ones around a pound. and then we left kyle did very well for his first carp trip. and i am bringing my friend cody down there tommorow to get his first carp ever. i guess im becomimg somewhat of a guide. haha.

1 comment:

El Bote said...

You're a heck of a good fisherman!
I wish I lived closer to you (St. Michael) so you could get me on some of "them Carp".