Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A long awaited catch

today I went to a like I like to fish for bass. it is part of a large chain of lakes that we call the le homme deiu chain. I was fishing on a peir surrounded by lily pads and I was casting a slug go. then I noticed a bright orange thing floating on the surface about 5 feet away it was a dead gold fish. and there was one swimming below it!!! I quickly tied on a smaller hook and put on 2 kernals of corn and made a cast toward the fish.
suprisingly it took it and I landed it and took this pic. it was a really fat one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
close up
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
eventually I snagged the dead one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I brought both of them home and buried the dead one. the live one is swimming in my fish tank right now. and I just fed it a couple meal worms. and it ate them.

1 comment:

joe alick said...

nice fish man....my name is joe alick im from flint michigan...my friend actually call me carpman too....i usually fish in the flint river....where ive claimed many trophy fish my biggest this year was actually57in 64lbs...i use doughballs/shredded wheat..vanilla extract and water.....i fish every day....if you wanna chat i have a myspace too joeyalick@yahoo.com...by the way nice bowfin