Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20th Carp on The Fly Report

Boy am i getting into this!!!
went out on the lake again today. i immedialty noticed alot of tailers but theye were behind some trees. so i couldnt get to them. i walked down the shoreline and seen alot of gulpers. i set down my fly and immediatly had a fish on. after 5 minutes she got under a log and wrapped around one of the branches. i slowly eased the fish back out. after 5 more minutes of fighting she was in my net.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
after i released her there was no signs of carp activity. so i walked along the shoreline aimlessly for over an hour. until i seen a big swirl of a tailing carp. i walked down to it and dropped my fly. it took the fly. and i set the hook. but unfortunatly i set it too late. another 10 minutes passed and i seen 2 more gulpers passing by. i dropped my fly. WAM!!! a hard hit. and after a short 5 minute battle he was in my net. unfortunatly my net broke when i netted him. he was really fat. i thought he was a female but he had no eggs. pic of him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
another 10 minutes later i decided to blind cast around a calvert. first cast a baby bluegill. the second cast i got a huge hit. i thought i had a big ol' bass. because that is what i usually get out of that caulvert. then it took off and it didnt stop until it was about 100 feet (out of my 200 feet) into my backing. i kept on letting him run and finaly i got him near shore close enough for me to grab. i noticed he had a wierd scale pattern on the top right side. pic of him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
close up of his scales.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
i left after i realeased this fish, because my wrist started hurting. i dont know i think it might be sprained. has this happed to anyone???

No comments: